When living in a tiny house, getting organized can be quite challenging. Fitting everything in without making the space feel cramped can seem impossible, but it’s not. There are some clever ways to make the most of a small space.
1. Get rid of things you no longer need. Clutter makes your house look even tinier.
2. Allow some natural light in. Well lit spaces feel more open and spacious.
3. Bold, powerful and large wall art works wonders in making the room appear bigger than it actually is.
4. Don’t fill the house with too much furniture. Opt for a large sofa instead several small ones. Also, avoid oversized furniture with big arms. It makes your small house feel crowded. You can opt for multi-functional pieces like ottomans instead.
5. Think bold color. Vibrant colors make a space look larger.
6. Use sheer curtains to get the most of the natural light.
7. Choose colors that blend well with wall color. A great color combination can make even the tiniest of space look airy and large.
8. Use large mirrors. They not only reflect light but also create an illusion of depth. If you choose to use mirrored furniture, place them near the wall as they create an impression of extra floor space.
9. Make the most of the vertical space. File items vertically side by side rather than stacking them.
10. Go for plain color or small print fabrics. They visually expand the space of the room.
11. If you don’t want your house to look crowded, avoid filling the shelves to capacity.
12. Transparent furniture gives a compact house a pleasant sense of airiness.
13. If you fancy wallpapers, opt for textured ones. These wallpapers create striking shadow patterns which make a small room look larger.
14. Use a wall to wall rug. It tricks the eye that the space is bigger than it is.
15. If you want to maximize the space in your small kitchen, opt for open shelves. You can as well remove the cabinet doors as they visually expand the kitchen space.